KRIPPU chickpea crackers taste great with a variety of homemade sauces.
- “Krippu” crackers or sticks
- 2 medium-size eggplantS
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- A little cooking oil, salt and pepper for frying
- Eggplants washed and cut stems with leaves. Them eggplants
cut into about 1 cm thick slices, spread on baking paper, pour a little with
cooking olive oil, add salt and pepper. Place the bake in preheated oven 180
degrees for 30 minutes until eggplant slices are soft. Since every oven is
different, watch your eggplants to make them burn.
- When eggplants are ready, cool them and removes the dark
bark. If the eggplant is thoroughly undercooked, bark comes off very easily. It
may be that a little bark pieces still remain.
Peeled eggplant slices into blender and puree. Add chopped
garlic cloves, cold-pressed olive oil, lemon juice, paprika powder, salt and
pepper. Puree until a creamy mass.
Recipes published in "Dienas Žurnāli" in the magazine "Vasaras ēdieni".